I learned a lot this past year. I mean, I learned a lot sophomore year, and freshman year, but I learned a lot this year. They weren’t kidding when they said junior year was hard. I was confused a lot. But through all of that I managed to come out on top, I guess.
- High school is one big identity crisis. Only some people are spared the burden of not being reminded of it every day.
- Be by yourself when you need to be by yourself.
- You become friends with people you never thought you would when you realize you’re leaving in a year and you’ve got nothing to lose.
- Just do your freaking homework.
- Carpooling with friends to and from school is the best way to reduce your carbon footprint and get a dose of sanity before the beginning of the day.
- College is coming. The future is coming. It’s scary as hell.
- No matter how stressed you may be, it is always a good idea to go see the people you care about. Even if it is only for a couple of hours.
- Getting bad grades on pre-cal tests does not mean you’re stupid. It just means you’re bad at math.
- Lists will be what saves us all. No such thing as too many lists.
- I am a master of overthinking my way out of things that are in turn actually very good for me.
- Actively seek wisdom. Be attuned to it and know where it is. Never ever ever turn it down.
- Don’t surround yourself with people who just want to complain and don’t want to fix it. And if they always think that it’s someone else’s responsibility to build the solution, run away.
- Everyone wants to have support. Everyone wants to know what the hell they are doing with their lives. Everyone is just as confused. But for someone reason, no one wants to admit it.
- None of us are really that mature. We just think we are.
- Take care of yourself. Take care of yourself. Take care of yourself.
- You’re not weak for having to sort through things. But always remember that you eventually have to stop sorting.
- Some people will always be pulling things apart and stretching them thin. Just let them. It’s the way they are wired. Some of us question everything, after all.
- You’ll hear a lot of people preaching about the importance of looking at things from multiple perspectives– no one ever stops learning this lesson.
- We are growing up. Like actually. It’s fun and terrible all at the same time. It makes you feel guilty guilty guilty. But it’s okay.
Can’t believe I am gonna be a senior. Oh well. It’ll be good.
Love, Valerie x